This vegetarian curry recipe is an even Indian-style dish, slightly spicy but with rich aromatic richness and full of unusual flavors and textures. Serve the vegetarian curry with noan bread to soak in the tasty sauce, you can serve as an alternative with the delicious parathas, which are a kind of flattened Indian bread that is very appreciated and combines perfectly with this curry recipe. Vegetarian curry is a dish that in some parts of the world is accompanied with rice, be it a basmati rice and herbs or chana dhal. Whether it’s an informal meal or a special event, this vegetarian curry is a good dish for any eventuality, simple and fast to make, with a flavor that will surely leave a good memory.
Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE
1 large eggplant, cut into pieces about 2.5 cm
2 tbsp of salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 fresh green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger root
1 onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons garam masala
8 cardamom pods
1 teaspoon powdered saffron
1 tbsp tomato concentrate
700 ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon lemon juice
225 g potatoes, cut into cubes
225 g of cauliflower florets
225 g of okra, arranged
225 g of frozen peas
150 ml of coconut milk
Coconut flakes, for garnishing
Bread naan, to serve
Preparation of vegetarian curry
– Arrange the eggplant in a bowl, sprinkling with salt. Book for about 30 minutes.
– Wash thoroughly with running water to remove all salt. Drain and dry with absorbent paper.
– Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, the chilli, the ginger, the onion and the spices and cook in medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
– Add the tomato concentrate, the broth, the lemon juice, the potatoes and the cauliflower and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes.
– Add the eggplant, okra, peas and coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to simmer and continue to cook slowly, uncovered, for another 10 minutes until tender. Remove the cardamom pods.
– Pour the vegetarian curry into a heated serving dish, garnish with the coconut flakes and serve immediately with naan bread.